Writing a Research Paper
This page lists some of the stages involved in writing a library-based research paper.
Although this list suggests that there is a simple, linear process to writing such a paper, the actual process of writing a research paper is often a messy and recursive one, so please use this outline as a flexible guide.
- Discovering, Narrowing, and Focusing a Researchable Topic
- Finding, Selecting, and Reading Sources
- Grouping, Sequencing, and Documenting Information
- Writing an Outline and a Prospectus for Yourself
- Writing the Introduction
- Writing the Body
- Writing the Conclusion
- Revising the Final Draft
Discovering, Narrowing, and Focusing a Researchable Topic
- Try to find a topic that truly interests you
- Try writing your way to a topic
- Talk with your course instructor and classmates about your topic
- Pose your topic as a question to be answered or a problem to be solved
Finding, Selecting, and Reading Sources
You will need to look at the following types of sources:
- library catalog, periodical indexes, bibliographies, suggestions from your instructor
- primary vs. secondary sources
- journals, books, other documents
Grouping, Sequencing, and Documenting Information
The following systems will help keep you organized:
- a system for noting sources on bibliography cards
- a system for organizing material according to its relative importance
- a system for taking notes
Writing an Outline and a Prospectus for Yourself
Consider the following questions:
- What is the topic?
- Why is it significant?
- What background material is relevant?
- What is my thesis or purpose statement?
- What organizational plan will best support my purpose?
Writing the Introduction
In the introduction you will need to do the following things:
- present relevant background or contextual material
- define terms or concepts when necessary
- explain the focus of the paper and your specific purpose
- reveal your plan of organization
Writing the Body
- Use your outline and prospectus as flexible guides
- Build your essay around points you want to make (i.e., don't let your sources organize your paper)
- Integrate your sources into your discussion
- Summarize, analyze, explain, and evaluate published work rather than merely reporting it
- Move up and down the "ladder of abstraction" from generalization to varying levels of detail back to generalization
Writing the Conclusion
- If the argument or point of your paper is complex, you may need to summarize the argument for your reader.
- If prior to your conclusion you have not yet explained the significance of your findings or if you are proceeding inductively, use the end of your paper to add your points up, to explain their significance.
- Move from a detailed to a general level of consideration that returns the topic to the context provided by the introduction.
- Perhaps suggest what about this topic needs further research.
Revising the Final Draft
- Check overall organization: logical flow of introduction, coherence and depth of discussion in body, effectiveness of conclusion.
- Paragraph level concerns: topic sentences, sequence of ideas within paragraphs, use of details to support generalizations, summary sentences where necessary, use of transitions within and between paragraphs.
- Sentence level concerns: sentence structure, word choices, punctuation, spelling.
- Documentation: consistent use of one system, citation of all material not considered common knowledge, appropriate use of endnotes or footnotes, accuracy of list of works cited.
Essay Outline Writing Service
Do you feel like discovering the tips of writing a good academic paper outline? Our custom writing service is what you need! Hire a professional writer and get help with your essay outline! It will be informative and completed according to the rules of academic writing. Buy essay outline online of fantastic quality!
Our Academic Goal is to Serve Customers
Our custom writing service aims to reach some vital purposes:
- Decrease academic stress and tension students suffer from;
- Provide effective writing help;
- Improve academic progress and grades;
- Help students save time for other activities.
Hundreds of customers already know that such writing assistance is really effective and beneficial. For this reason they leave their favorable testimonials on our website. Moreover, they come back for credible and reliable help.
Get benefits of professional assistance we offer – do not postpone your decision to be assisted by well-versed writing specialist!
Heavy Advantages of Our Custom Assistance!
There's nothing criminal in using custom help for such kind of assignments. Why? Just consider the perspective – highly qualified essay helper will create a perfect layout of the the subject you need. He will compose an essay introduction that will capture your professor's attention. Or he can write an informative essay outline, so that you can colour it with your own ideas. You choose, your essay maker completes the order!
Formats we work with are various. Order APA\MLA format – the paper will be completed in one of them without any violations. Our writing experts know the peculiarities of any writing style!
Additional advantages of our essay outline writing service is that we offer full plagiary check of the content and free revisions for every student who orders with us!
Writing the essay till the very last dot or creating a lay out for it – is actually not the final part of assistance we provide. After the content is written in full, we make sure it's original and contains no plagiarism. To avoid guess work we use a specially designed software. It detects the degree of content originality. Original formulations and bright ideas presented in their orders let students get high grades. Become successful and promising student with us! Present credible writing results and achieve high academic score!
Another chance to reach top academic results is to order free revision. Having a look at completed paper can be seen as the final stage that leads to transforming an ordinary essay or essay outline into a true academic masterpiece!
Read the essay outline your expert suggested. Do you like the structure? Is the number of paragraphs enough or some extra paragraphs are still to be added? No problem! Your outline maker will add the needed information to make the order satisfy your needs.